small cherry tomatoes
fat garlic cloves, chopped fine
extra virgin olive oil
goat cheese, crumbled
kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the tomatoes in half, scoop out & discard the seeds.
- Put the tomato shells in a bowl. Add the garlic & 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Mix gently (you don’t want to mash your tomatoes) until the tomatoes & garlic are covered with the oil.
- Put the tomato-garlic mixture on a baking sheet & spread it out into a single layer. Bake until the tomatoes are very tender & starting to brown (~25-30 minutes).
- When the tomatoes are almost finished cooking, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil & the balsamic vinegar with the greens in a large bowl. Top with the crumbled goat cheese, and then with the roasted tomatoes. Let the tomatoes sit on the cheese for a couple of minutes so the cheese starts to soften & melt. Then mix it all up & serve. (Add salt & pepper to taste.).