bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
1 1/2 teaspoons
dried chipotle powder
grated lime rind
fresh lime juice
crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, and rub evenly over chicken.
- Bring the pineapple juice, tequila, and honey to a boil in a small saucepan, and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 10 minutes).
- Combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl, and stir well.
- Add cornstarch mixture to juice mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in lime rind, lime juice, and red pepper.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray, cover and grill in direct heat for 5 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with juice mixture.
- Move chicken to indirect heat, cover and grill 5 minutes on each side, or until done, basting occasionally.