almond joy candy bars
( 4 whole regular sized candy bars or 8 miniature candy bars)
1/2 cup butter (I prefer butter, but original recipe called for shortening) or 1/2 cup
( I prefer butter, but original recipe called for shortening)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9-inch square pan.
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt candy bars and shortening, stirring occasionally until chocolate and shortening are melted.
- Add sugar and vanilla; blend well.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour, salt and chopped almonds; mix well.
- Spread in greased pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.