lemongrass, trimmed, cut into 3 inch lengths
fresh ginger, smashed
granulated sugar, for glasses
- Combine water and sugar in a medium size saucepan; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add lemongrass, ginger, lemon juice and vanilla bean. Bring to boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and let steep overnight.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- To serve, fill chilled bar shaker(or just use a jar with a lid) halfway with ginger syrup. Top with equal amount of soda water. Strain into sugar-rimmed glasses and serve.