ham, cut up
( 1 cup)
chopped green pepper
heavy whipping cream
1 dash cayenne or 1 dash
1 cup grated swiss cheese or 1 cup
frozen pie crust
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Precook pie crust 10-15 minutes.
- Cover bottom of crust with meat, and onions and peppers sautéed in butter.
- Sprinkle cheese over evenly.
- Beat eggs, add cream, nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
- Pour mixture over meat evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let set a few minutes before cutting.
- I have substituted with crab, shrimp and scallops instead of the ham, with 1/4 tsp salt, and this too is a winner.