1 1/2 cups
long-grain white rice
red bell pepper, diced
yellow bell pepper, diced
( either dark or golden)
roasted macadamia nuts, preferably unsalted, chopped
sage leaf, chopped
( or more, if you love cilantro!)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In an oven-proof and flame-proof casserole, set over medium heat, melt the butter and add the rice. Stir for a few seconds, until the butter coats the rice. Add the garlic and stir for a few seconds (not long enough for the rice to change color).
- Add the red and yellow peppers and cook for a few seconds. Add the stock and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Add the raisins, nuts, sage and salt. Cover and place in the oven. Bake for about 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes. Add the chopped cilantro and pineapple. Season if necessary and serve.
- Note: If you use salted macadamia nuts, you won't have to add the salt in the recipe.