( brown medium)
( peeled and cubed)
salt and pepper
( to taste)
- Peel onions, cut in half and finely slice so you have half moon shaped circles.
- Put into a medium frypan and drizzle with oil and massage the oil in to break up the half rings.
- Cover frypan and cook over a low to moderate heat giving a stir occasionally until a nice golden colour (about 30 to 40 minutes), the longer you take the sweeter the onion will be.
- Put sweet potatoes in a pot of cold water and season with a little salt and bring to the boil and cook till tender.
- When potatoes are cook, drain and give a good shake, put in butter and mash (I used a potato masher) till you get the consistency you like (I like a slightly lumpy texture).
- Add your caramelised onions and mix in well (I just used a fork) and season with salt and pepper to taste.