8 ounces rotini pasta or 8 ounces
sugar snap pea
( about 3 cups)
extra virgin olive oil
peeled deveined medium shrimp
red pepper, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips
chopped fresh basil
grated lemons, zest of
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Add snap peas to water in last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet heat 1 tb oil over medium high.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook until shrimp are lightly golden, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove shrimp, add pepper strips to skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until just starting to soften, 1-2 minutes.
- Combine with shrimp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine basil, lemon juice, zest, and mustard.
- Slowly whisk in remaining oil until mixture thickens slightly.
- In large serving bowl combine reserved pasta with shrimp mixture and sauce/dressing/vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.