olive oil, divided
garlic cloves, minced
1 (8 ounce) cans
dry red wine
minced fresh oregano
1 (3 -4 lb)
rabbit, cut up
- Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in skillet.
- Add garlic, onions and carrots, and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 1 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, wine oregano, sugar, water and pepper.
- Heat through.
- In a separate skillet, heat butter and remaining oil.
- Add rabbit and brown on both sides.
- Add rabbit to sauce mixture.
- Cover and simmer until rabbit is tender, about 35 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 5-10 minutes more.