2 -3 lbs
salt & freshly ground black pepper
( fresh,packed,coarsley chopped)
( fresh,packed,coarsley shopped)
red wine vinegar
( finely crumbled)
1 -2 teaspoon
red chili pepper
( serrano, seeded,coarsley chopped**green chiles can be substituted if red are not available)
- In a food processor; combine cilantro,parsley,green onions,lime juice,garlic,vinegar, bay leaf,chile, 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper; process until mixture is minced about 10 seconds,transfer to a bowl and add olive oil, let stand at room temp.for at least 1 hours.
- season steak with salt and pepper, place in a large resealable plastic bag, add about 1/3 cup of the chimichurri sauce from the processor, seal bag and refrigerate for a least 2 hours up to 4hrs.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator and let it come to room temp for 30 min., brush the excess chimichurri sauce off the steak and set the steak over the hot grill.
- Cook for 6 min., rotate 45 degrees and cook another 6 minute Turn the steak over and continue to cook until steak is medium rare (about 6-8 min.).
- When the steak is cooked, lay it on a clean cutting board and allow to rest for 5-7 min before slicing across the grain into 2" wide strips.
- Serve with reserved chimichurri sauce.