boneless chicken breasts
( cooked, shredded or cubed )
1 1/2 cups
( sliced )
( sliced )
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
2 (15 ounce) cans
( rinsed and drained )
( fresh or canned )
( frozen or fresh cut kernels from cob)
chicken bouillon cubes
- Boil chicken covered in water until done. When chicken has cooled you can shred it or cut into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Prepare pressure canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. ( do not boil ).
- In large pot add all ingredients except chicken. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 3 minutes. Add chicken and boil lightly for 5 minutes.
- Ladle hot soup into hot jars leaving 1-inch headspace, remove air bubbles and wipe rim of jar. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fingertip tight. Place jars into pressure canner.
- Process quarts at 11 pounds pressure for 90 minutes or pints for 75 minutes ( adjust for altitude if needed ).
- Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lids should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
- THIS RECIPE YIELDS 7 QUARTS!