gluten-free flour, mix
cold butter, cubed
7 fluid ounce
lemon, juice and zest of
lime, juice and zest of
- Sift flour mix , xanthan, cocoa powder and icing sugar into a mixing bowl, add a pinch of salt
- Add the butter and rub together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add cold water a little at a time (approx. 2 tablespoons and pull the mixture together.
- Wrap in Clingfilm and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line the tin.
- Line with baking parchment and baking beans.
- Bake for 15 mins, then remove beans and paper and set aside.
- Turn the oven down to 170c.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk until pale and creamy.
- Add the cream and zest and juice of the lemon and lime, mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry case and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30-35 mins or until set.
- Allow to cool, serve.