butter, room temperature
grated orange zest
unsweetened cocoa powder
( to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the egg, orange zest, orange juice, and honey.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir until well blended.
- Stir in the raisin and walnuts.
- Break off a piece of the dough about the size of a walnut.
- Shape the dough into a 2-1/2 inch sausage.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Press to slightly flatten the dough.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Place the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the cookies are puffed and set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 1 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cook completely.
- Dust the cookies with confectioners' sugar.
- Store in airtight containers.
- The cookies develop more flavor the longer they are stored.