uncooked penne pasta
garlic cloves, chopped
yellow squash, sliced
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
( Italian style is great here)
1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese (optional) or 1 tablespoon
parmesan cheese, for garnish
fresh basil, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to al dente package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Saute garlic til tender.
- Add squash, zucchini, and spinach. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add whole can of tomatoes, with juice.
- Add drained pasta to skillet. Cover and let simmer until veggies are tender and pasta is done.
- Season to taste, garnish, and serve.