( or traditionally, ghee)
chili, seeded and chopped
( or a pinch of cayenne)
1 red bell peppers or 1
green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
unsweetened grated coconut
2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons
- In a soup pot, saute the onions in the ghee for 5 minutes.
- Add chili, turmeric and coriander.
- Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add the stock and the vegetables.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Add the coconut, coconut milk and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add lemon juice and cilantro.
- The longer this soup sits, the better its flavor.
- Re-heat gently before serving.