3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons
2 beef bouillon cubes or 1 cup
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter or bacon grease in a large saucepan.
- Take off the heat, with a wooden spoon, stir into the pan 2 tbsp of flour and mix it to a smooth paste with the fat.
- Return the pan to a low heat and cook this roux slowly for a minute of so, stirring all the while.
- Then pour in, all at once, the cup of stock. Raise the heat to moderate and, with a wooden spoon, beat this sauce together until it boils, thickens and becomes quite smooth.
- Then turn the heat down to the barest simmer. Still using the sppon, stir the sour cream into the sauce, about a tablespoons at a time. Use more than ½ cup if you like the sauce fairly thin.
- At the last, add the dill, Worchestershire sauce and cayenne. Stir until well blended. Enjoy.
- Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/swedish-meatballs-in-sour-cream-sauce-61247#ixzz1L9rh5oSf.