8 slices whole wheat bread or 8 slices
monterey jack cheese, thin
2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons
- Spread four of the bread slices with honey mustard.
- Top each with a slice of cheese and then a slice of ham.
- Top ham with remaining cheese and cover with bread.
- Trim cheese and ham to fit in bread, if necessary.
- In shallow bowl, beat eggs with 2 tbsp water until well blended.
- Dip sandwiches into egg mixture, turning carefully to coat both sides.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- When butter is foamy, add sandwiches and cook about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve sandwiches hot.