peeled cubed pumpkin
- Peel and chop the onions, and peel and mince the garlic.
- Brown the onions in the butter, and stir in the garlic.
- Add the pumpkin and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the bay leaves, celery in large chunks, marjoram, parsley and chives.
- Simmer until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the pumpkin pieces and set aside.
- Press everything else through a strainer, and discard all solids.
- Puree the pumpkin and return it to the soup.
- Add the cinnamon and cream.
- Reheat and serve.
- If you already have pureed cooked pumpkin, simmer the seasonings in the broth for 30 minutes, then strain it as described above.
- Add the pumpkin and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes more before adding the cinnamon and cream.
- Use 3 cups pureed pumpkin.