fish fillets, skin removed
( flounder, tilapia, cod, or bass)
garlic cloves, sliced thin
( or use fresh herbs)
lemon, juice of
( slice the other half of the lemon for garnish)
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper. Heat a saute pan on top of the grill, firepit, or stove over med high heat.
- When the pan is hot add the olive oil and heat. Dredge the bass fillets in the flour and shake off any excess.
- Place the fillets in the pan and pan fry about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove the fish from the pan. Reduce to a medium/med-low heat (move away from coals if cooking outdoors). De-glaze the pan with the wine and then add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, add the sliced garlic. Fry for about a minute just until the garlic begins to turn light golden brown.
- Add the herbs and remove from the heat. Carefully, add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, place a fillet on a plate and spoon some of the lemon garlic herb butter over the fish. Garnish with lemon slices.