( boil for 10 minutes)
To dye (for each color)
( 1 color or mix colors, example ( red and yellow for orange, blue and red for purple, etc.)
- DECORATING THE EGGS: Wrap different sized elastic bands around eggs. Wrap them snugly but not tight enough to break the eggs -- OR tie string around eggs in a random or set pattern -- OR use a white crayon to write words, make a design or pattern on your eggs -- OR place tape on eggs to create a pattern or stripes around the eggs -- OR place shaped stickers on the eggs. They can be shapes, letters, numbers, etc.
- DYING THE EGGS: For each color, mix hot water, vinegar and food coloring in a heat proof, narrow, deep dish, such as a canning jar. Mix the colors to your preference. Use 20 drops of just one color or combine colors to create many different shades and hues.
- Using tongs, submerge eggs for 3-5 minutes for a lighter shade and up to 10 minutes for a deeper shade. Remove with tongs.
- DRYING THE EGGS: You can set the eggs on wax paper if you can set the eggs on the elastics, tape or stickers. Let eggs dry for 1 to 2 hours and refrigerate -- OR you can poke many flat head pins on a thick piece of cardboard or foam board. Set eggs on top of the pins. Let eggs dry for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove whatever decorating items you used and refrigerate.