green tea bag
( provides antioxidants)
( antibacterial, helps prevent acne, exfoliates)
( moisturizes or softens)
2 -3 teaspoons
( smells nice -- )
- Bring the water to boiling, add the tea bag and let steep until a very strong tea is brewed. Tear open the tea bag, so the leaves are added to the water (they do a great job exfoliating later!).
- Stir in the turmeric, honey and rose water. Feel free to add other agents such as Vitamin E or milk (to provide additional moisturizing properties).
- Pour into a standard ice cube tray, let freeze until partially set (1-2 hours maybe?).
- Stir the ice compartments to break up the crystals. Place a toothpick into each ice compartment. Allow to freeze until set.
- TO USE:.
- Take a shower or wash your face with warm water. This will open your pores.
- Rub the ice cube all over your face for several minutes, paying special attention to the forehead, nose and chin (make sure the melted ice does not drip onto your clothes, because the turmeric may cause a stain!).
- Return the ice cube to the tray if not used up. With your fingers, gently massage the turmeric/tea leaf residue over your face to exfoliate.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Optional: finish with a splash of witch hazel or another toner, acne cream (if needed), and/or your favorite moisturizer cream.