dry active yeast
cottage cheese, small curd
2 -3 cups
- soften yeast in warm water.
- bring butter, cheese and egg to room temperature mix all ingredients except flour. add yeast to this mixture and mix well.
- gradually add enough flour to make a firm dough.
- cover and let rise 1 hr or until doubled.
- punch down and put in a well buttered 1 1/2 qt casserole. cover and let rise 30 minutes.
- bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
- turn out and brush with butter and sprinkle with coarse salt. serve warm or cold.