boneless skinless chicken breasts
green bell pepper, thinly sliced
red bell pepper, thinly sliced
red onion, thinly sliced
garlic cloves, minced
dry crushed red pepper
( whipping cream)
1 1/2 cups
fresh basil, thinly sliced
parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Cut each chicken breast into several strips, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add green and red bell peppers and onion to same skillet and sauté until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper to skillet and sauté 4 minutes. Add heavy cream and chicken stock. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes.
- Cut chicken into thin strips and add to sauce. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add basil and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese to sauce, stirring to incorporate and then season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- *For those not on a low carb diet, you can serve this over 8 oz. fettuccini. Just cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain and return to pot. Serve sauce over pasta.
- Serve, passing additional Parmesan separately.