1 1/2 lbs
( cod or haddock)
onion, halved and sliced thin
red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a skillet, saute the onion in 1 teaspoon of oil and 1 teaspoon of butter until soft but not browned.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the panko crumbs with the parsley and 1 teaspoon of melted butter, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and the juice of half the lemon.
- Once the onions are soft, add a pinch of red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add to the onions, the juice of 1/2 the lemon (or more!) and the white wine and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Spread the onion and lemon mixture into individual baking dishes or one baking dish large enough to snuggly hold all the fish.
- Place the fish on top of the onions and season the fish with salt and pepper and a little spray of olive oil.
- Divide the crumb topping evenly over the fish and sprinkle with parsley and give a light spray of olive oil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until fish is cooked through and the crumbs are nicely browned.
- Cover with tinfoil half way through baking if the top is browning to fast.