( I use #126026)
( more if desired)
fresh coriander, finely chopped
3 fluid ounces
( for deep frying)
- Place all ingredients, except the onions and water, in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Add onions, (and stir in ensuring all slices are coated in the spiced flour.
- Gradually add the water to form a thickish batter
- Leave to sit for at least 10 mins (if after this time the batter looks too thick add a tablespoon or 2 more water).
- Heat the oil to 350f and carefully drop spoonfuls of the batter into the oil, (cook in small batches) for 3-4 mins or until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon and transfer to kitchen paper to drain.