cream of tartar
cooked mashed sweet potatoes
firmly packed brown sugar
59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml
grated orange rind
118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, sweet potatoes, and next 4 ingredients; stir into flour mixture.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form; carefully fold into batter (batter will be thick).
- Spread batter on a preheated oiled waffle iron, and cook until lightly browned (I'm not sure exactly how long this takes).
- Serve waffles with Orange Butter and honey.
- Garnish, if desired, with orange slices.
- Yield: 8 (8-inch) waffles.
- Orange Butter: Combine ingredients at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended.
- Yield: 1/2 cup.