cream of tartar
1 1/2 cups
cooked mashed sweet potatoes
firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup
grated orange rind
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, sweet potatoes, and next 4 ingredients; stir into flour mixture.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form; carefully fold into batter (batter will be thick).
- Spread batter on a preheated oiled waffle iron, and cook until lightly browned (I'm not sure exactly how long this takes).
- Serve waffles with Orange Butter and honey.
- Garnish, if desired, with orange slices.
- Yield: 8 (8-inch) waffles.
- Orange Butter: Combine ingredients at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended.
- Yield: 1/2 cup.