reduced-sodium chicken broth
sherry wine vinegar
( 2 halves, boneless, skinless)
( freshly ground)
- Bring broth, vinegar garlic, peppercorns and bay leaf to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until liquid is reduced to about 3/4 cup and garlic is very tender, 8-9 minutes.
- Discard peppercorns and bay leaf.
- Puree garlic mixture in a blender.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add garlic mixture and capers; partially cover and cook, turning chicken until heated through, 2-3 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile mix butter and flour in a small custard cup to form a paste.
- Stir into sauce until blended and smooth.
- Simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 1 minute.