- In a medium saucepan, over high heat, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the salt and in a steady stream, add the cornmeal, stirring vigorously.
- Cook and stir for 10 minutes, until the polenta is smooth and leaves the side of the pan.
- Transfer the hot polenta into a clean empty orange juice cans.
- Let cool and then refrigerate until firm.
- Open the end of the cans with a can opener and shake polenta out or push it out.
- Cut into 1/2" slices.
- Grill or saute polenta rounds in olive oil or butter.