garlic, peeled and crushed
onion, peeled and finely chopped
pumpkin pie filling, peeled seeded and diced
( use one pumpkin about 1 3/4 lb.)
strong vegetable stock
2 tablespoons parsley or 1 teaspoon
ground black pepper
pasta, freshly cooked,to serve
- Gently fry the garlic and onion in the oil for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Do not allow them to burn.
- Add the pumpkin and vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer over a medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pumpkin is tender.
- Break up the pumpkin by beating it with a wooden spoon, and stir in the parsley, cream, nutmeg and seasoning.
- Cook for a further minute and add a little of the pasta cooking water if the sauce is too thick.
- Pour over the pasta and serve immediately.