- Wash rice thoroughly in cold water. This step is very important. It should not have any of the murky water coming out of it once you are done. This is easiest done in a seive.
- Leave the washed rice in the seive and put in the pot and cover with cold water for at least one hour.
- Empty pot of water and shake the rice to get rid of any excess water.
- Put rice and cooking water in a pot. You can either do rice 1:1 water or you can increase the water by 10%.
- Bring to the boil over a high heat Then turn the heat down to low. *DO NOT OPEN THE LID AT ALL*.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave for 5 minutes with the lid on.