coriander leaves, finely chopped
( for frying)
- In a processor blend the onion, garlic and a little of the water into a puree, add the remaining water and mix until blended.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the onion mixture and stir well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil on a griddle or heavy based skillet
- Place a ladleful of the mixture onto the centre of the griddle and spread to approximately 5in diameter.
- Cook until the sides are becoming dry and the bottom is turning golden.
- Gently slide a spatula under the pancake and flip it over.
- Cook the other side for a further minute or two or until it is also golden and crisp.
- Serve hot.