1 1/2 cups
frozen corn kernels, thawed
packed light brown sugar
unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 400°.
- Generously coat an 8-inch square baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Whisk the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Process the buttermilk, corn, brown sugar, and eggs in a food processor until combined, about 5 seconds.
- Gently fold the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture, then fold in the melted butter until just combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake until deep golden brown and a pick inserted into the middle comes out with a few crumbs attached, about 35 minutes.
- Let the cornbread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before unmolding onto a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.