( or olive oil or a mix of both)
celery rib, finely chopped
( white, baby bella, shitake or other)
leeks, quartered lengthwise, sliced
( I use rice milk)
fresh ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups
grated sharp cheddar cheese
fresh parsley, chopped
- Warm the butter in a saucepan. Add celery, mushrooms, leeks, and marjoram and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 more minute, then quickly whisk in the milk.
- Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season the sauce with 1 teaspoons salt, pepper(to taste) and nutmeg and mustard.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Lightly butter or oil a 3 quart baking dish. Cook the ziti in plenty of boiling water until barely done(usually 2 minutes less than called for on package). Drain in a colander, then rinse under cold water.
- Combine the pasta with the sauce and cheese, then pour it into the baking dish and cover with the bread crumbs.
- Bake until bubbling and browned on top, about 25-30 minutes.