18 1/4 ounces
white cake mix, Pillsbury Deluxe
white chocolate mousse mix, prepared
crushed pineapple, drained
- Bake cake as directed in 2 – 8"″ rounds. Cool. Slice off rounded top level with baking pan and cut each cake into 2 layers (4 cake layers in total).
- Make Mousse according to the directions.
- Whip the heavy cream, and fold into the mousse.
- Generously brush each layer of the cake with dark rum.
- Spread the mousse mix evenly thick on the first layer. Sprinkle with some of the pineapple.
- Top with next cake layer and again, spread with mousse then pineapple. Continue with each layer. The layers of the cake and mousse should be the same height.
- Coat the sides and top with the mousse mix.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut over the finished cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, cut into 8 pieces and serve at room temperature.