1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup
1/3 cup brown sugar or 1/3 cup
Splenda brown sugar blend
( no more!)
1 1/2-1 3/4 cups
icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a food processor, pulse cold margerine or butter, brown sugar, almonds, flour, and salt until it is blended together and has a sandy appearance.
- Pat crust into a 9x13 pan (i give it a spray to keep everything from sticking and prefer to use a glass pan). It may seem very dry, but that is ok.
- Bake crust for 20 minutes or until edges are just starting to turn golden.
- Beat your eggs with a fork or whisk, then stir in lemon juice. In another bowl, mix flour, sugar, and salt. I use 1.5 cups sugar and they are very zingy. If you have any doubts, or know that you prefer slightly less zing, try 1.75 cups of sugar!
- Remove crust from oven and reduce heat to 320°F This step is important!
- mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Pour mixture on hot crust, and return to oven for 22 minutes, or until filling has set. It might still look a little wobbly in the center, but it will firm up a bit while it cools.
- Cool, dust with icing sugar (You will need it if you used the lesser amount of sugar!).
- Pucker up! :D.