2 -3 lbs
boneless pork shoulder
3 (1 quart) jars
onions, halved and quartered
- Season pork shoulder to taste with salt & pepper.
- Lightly brown pork shoulder on all sides in oil over med-low heat and place in crock-pot.
- Add a little onion then some kraut and sprinkle of pepper and repeat until crockpot is almost full. May drain jar of kraut if too much liquid accumulates.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. May stir after 6 hours and add liquid if needed. Add hotdogs, bratwurst and/or knockwurst during last hour or two. Recipe is done when pork falls apart when stirred.
- Serve with mashed potatoes. hot dog buns, and mustard.