skin-on chicken leg quarters, with bone
soy sauce, divided
garlic powder, divided
seasoning salt, divided
dill weed, divided
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a large glass baking dish with foil.
- Remove excess fat from chicken quarters.
- Separate the skin from the chicken, taking care that the skin stays attached at most points on the chicken. (You just want a flap. Do not remove the skin).
- Brush the chicken (under the skin) with soy sauce.
- Sprinkle some garlic powder, seasoned salt and dill weed on the chicken under the skin (I estimated the 1 tsp measures. Use as much or as little as you're comfortable with) and rub inches.
- Arrange the leg quarters in the pan, skin side up, taking care not to crowd. They need space to cook properly.
- Brush both sides of the leg quarters with soy sauce.
- Sprinkle the skin with garlic powder, seasoned salt and dill weed (to taste).
- Place on middle rack in over and bake uncovered for an hour.
- After an hour, increase oven temp to 400 and bake 15 minutes.
- Chicken is done when internal temp reaches 165 (insert meat thermometer at thickest part of breast, taking care not to touch the bone).
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.