fresh Baby Spinach
1 1/8 ounces
flour, about a 1/4 cup
garlic cloves, minced
2 1/2 cups
1% low-fat milk
dry white wine
grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, divided
grated lemon rind
panko bread crumbs, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 minutes or until almost al dente, omitting salt and fat.
- Remove from heat; stir in spinach. Let stand for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Drain pasta mixture well.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Add flour and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Gradually add milk and wine; cook 8 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of cheese, salt and rind. Remove from heat; stir in pepper.
- Add pasta mixture, and toss gently to coat.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 13x9 inch-glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half of panko breadcrumbs over pasta, and top evenly with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining half of panko breadcrumbs over cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.