reduced sodium soy sauce
cilantro, finely chopped
green onion, finely chopped
( or cider vinegar)
sesame seeds, toasted and ground
vegetable oil, plus
small cooked shrimp
green onions, trimmed, quartered lengthwise and cut into 3-inch lengths
zucchini, ends trimmed and sliced int fine julienne, 3-inch long
carrot, peeled, cut into fine julienne 3-inch long
fresh chives, chopped
- Dipping sauce: combine soy sauce, cilantro 1 chopped green onion, vinegar, sugar & sesame seeds. Leave at room temp or refrigerate.
- Pancakes: Beat 1 egg and 2 egg whites together with a fork.
- Whisk in the flour, 1 tbsp oil, and water.
- Batter should be smooth and medium thick.
- Let the batter rest for 20 minutes.
- Cooking the Pancakes:.
- Beat remaining eggs & egg whites.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a skillet or a large non stick griddle, medium-low heat.
- Pour out approx 1/2 cup batter (6-8" circle).
- Lay 1 fourth of the shrimp on top of the pancake along with 1/4 of the green onions, carrots, zucchini, & chives.
- While the pancake is cooking spoon 1/4 of remaining batter over the pancake to fill the spaces between the veggies. After approx 3-5 minutes when the egg mixture has begun to set flip the pancake. Cook until browned pressing down quite hard with a wide spatula to ensure the batter cooks through. Repeat with remaining batter, shrimp & veggies.
- You may refrigerate the pancakes and serve cold or serve fresh at room temperature. To serve, cut the pancakes into wedges and serve with the dipping sauce on the side.