( thinner spears are better)
( prerolled gives you the perfect size)
shredded gruyere cheese
fresh ground pepper
- Blanch asparagus (just till it turns bright green) and chill in ice water.
- Unroll thawed puff pastry sheet on baking sheet.
- Brush with mustard, leave a 1" border.
- Lay asparagus spears on pastry, alternate ends so each cut will get tips as well as the stem.
- Sprinkle with cheese & pepper.
- Beat 1 egg with 1 Tbsp of milk, brush border with the egg wash.
- Bake at 450 for about 15 - 20 minutes, till puffed & pastry is browned.
- Cut down the middle through the asparagus spears, then across to make 8 or 10 pieces.