7 ounces marzipan or 7 ounces
white chocolate chips
sweetened condensed milk, divided
unsalted butter, divided
semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Butter an 8-inch square pan.
- Lightly dust work surface with powdered sugar. Fold marzipan in half and press into a flat square. Roll into a 9” x 9” square. Using the bottom of the pan as a template, cut out square of marzipan to match pan dimensions. (Don't worry if it's not perfect.) Set aside.
- In a double boiler (or in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water) combine white chocolate chips, 1/2 cup condensed milk and 3 tablespoons butter.
- Stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended. Pour into pan. Immediately top with the marzipan square, lightly pressing into chocolate.
- In the same double boiler (or in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water) combine semisweet chocolate chips, remaining can of condensed milk and 3 tablespoons butter.
- Stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended. Spread over marzipan layer. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours. (As a side note, I think it's great to make yourself a cup of hot tea with the boiling water from the double boiler, instead of just dumping it.).
- Just before serving, cut into 1 inch squares.