extra virgin olive oil
red pepper flakes
( more or less to taste)
( or 1 tsp dried rosemary)
3 (15 ounce) cans
pinto beans, drained and rinsed
( or vegetable broth)
1 (6 ounce) packets
- Put olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in soup pot on low.
- While those are heating, drain and rinse pinto beans (a colander is helpful here).
- Combine rosemary with oil, garlic and red pepper, stir to combine.
- Add pinto beans to pot, stir to combine.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot, raise heat so that mixture comes to a boil; then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- While soup simmers, empty salmon into a small bowl and crumble into tiny pieces.
- When soup is done simmering, use an immersion blender to thoroughly blend soup. Then add salmon to creamed soup. Stir to combine.
- We enjoy this soup served with veggie Ritz crackers. Yum!