cilantro leaves, washed
salt, depending on taste
fresh ground black pepper
English cucumber, thinly sliced
3/4 cup finely shredded colby cheese or 3/4 cup
sharp cheddar cheese
- Blend all ingredients for the spread in a food processor until smooth. Should be slightly thick. You might need to add a few tablespoons of water to ease the process. The spread should have a spicy yet slightly sweet taste.
- Spread some of the mixture on one slice of bread. Top with cucumber slices and some cheese. Spread another slice and place on top. Cut off the crusts and cut the sandwiches diagonally so you get four triangles.
- Repeat with rest of bread.
- You can assemble, pack in an airtight container, and refrigerate up to 2 hours. They taste best at room temperature.
- I keep the crusts and my daughter and I eat them as snacks.