( Earth Balance or reg. butter)
semi-sweet chocolate chips
( or any other milk alternative or sweetened condensed milk)
pecans, finely chopped
- You can either purchase cranberry preserves or make your own. To make your own cranberry preserves: Place 1 cup cranberry juice, 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, and 1/4 cup sugar in a sauce pan. Cook on medium heat until boiling for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Preserves will get thicker as it cools.
- Mix together butter, sugar, and flour until a dough forms.
- Press down 1/2 of the dough into a greased 8 by 11 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat combine soy milk and chocolate chips. Once chocolate is melted remove from heat.
- Spread chocolate mixture over prepared crust.
- Stir pecans into reserved dough and sprinkle over chocolate filling.
- Drop cranberry preserves over dough.
- Return to oven and continue baking for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut into bars. Enjoy!