boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
( or use 6 frozen boneless skinless chicken breast halves)
1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans
cream of shrimp soup
( or cream of chicken soup)
1 (15 ounce) cans
black beans, undrained
- Put the frozen chicken breasts in a large slow cooker.
- Mix together the soup, milk and spices and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken and add it back to the sauce in the slow cooker. Add the black beans with their liquid and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for another hour to heat the beans.
- In the meantime, bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepot. Add the rice and turn off the heat but leave the pot on the burner. Put a tight fitting lid on the pan and let it sit for 10 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Add the cooked rice and the lime juice to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes to allow the rice to absorb all the excess liquid in the slow cooker.
- Serve in warmed tortillas as a burrito filling or eat plain!