2 (15 ounce) cans
parmesan cheese, grated
black pepper, freshly ground
- Rinse the chickpeas under water, spread them out on paper towels and let dry for 15 minutes. Pat the chickpeas dry with additional towels, discard any loose skins.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together parmesan, oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne, if using. Add the chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Spread the chickpeas on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, tossing twice, until dried and very crisp, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet.