2 1/2 cups
packed brown sugar
dried plum puree
nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 cup dried cranberries or 1/2 cup craisins or 1/2 cup
other dried fruit, finely chopped
egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Coat cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.
- Cut into dry ingredients the plum puree and cold margarine with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add yogurt and mix until just blended.
- Stir in dried fruit.
- On a floured surface, roll or pat dough to 3/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out with a 2 1/2 to 3 inch biscuit cutter, rerolling scraps as needed.
- NOTE: The less you handle the dough the better so be sure to get as many as possible the first time.
- Arrange on cookie sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Brush with beaten egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and springy to the touch.