red bell pepper
yellow bell pepper
garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups
- Wash, core and deseed peppers. Cut into 1-inch squares.
- Put olive oil, onion, and garlic in large pan. Saute over medium-high heat until soft, stirring often.
- Cut the sausage into 1/2 inch pieces and add it with the oregano to the saute pan. Cook until sausage browns a bit, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and cook about 8 minutes, stirring gently once in a while.
- Put water on to boil for pasta.
- Add salt and pepper and tomatoes to sauce. Turn heat to medium and cook at a simmer.
- Meanwhile, put rigatoni onto cook.
- After sauce has cooked 10 minutes, add balsamic vinegar. Cook another 10 minutes or so.
- Toss with pasta and serve with fresh ground pepper.