red onion, diced
( I used a mix of fresh and roasted)
purple potatoes, scrubbed and rough chopped
purple cauliflower, rough chopped saving a couple floweretes for garnish
pink peppercorns, smashed
dried red pepper flakes, generous pinch
fresh cracked pepper
cream cheese with garlic and herbs
( Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme Italian cheese and herbs)
14 1/2 ounces
( for vibrant color and nutrients)
- In a large pot over medium high heat add oil when hot saute the onions and garlic for 3-5 minutes till translucent.
- Toss in the potatoes, and cauliflower. Be sure to reserve some cauliflower for garnish. Pour the stock in bring to a boil reduce flame to a simmer. Season with peppercorns, salt, pepper flakes.
- Cook soup till vegetables are tender minute 30 minutes.
- Puree in a blender or with an immersion blender till smooth and creamy.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the creme and simmer meanwhile steam the garnish till tender.
- Puree the beets and juice from can in a blender and stir into the soup cook a couple minutes to desired consistency.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with flowerets.
- You can also top with shredded cheese or swirl some of the creme cheese for a nice presentation.